Thursday, November 16, 2006

Let's get right into it!

The first guide I am going to review is an immensely popular one around the web. Alexa.com reports over half a million hits per day to the site. I'd say that's pretty popular. Anyhow, I went ahead and purchased the guide tonight and here is what I can tell you about the ~ 8MB download so far:


  • It has a decent layout with easily readable text -- nothing fancy here

  • It's long! Dozens and dozens of pages, the author said he spent over 6 months working on the guide and it shows.

  • In addition to the quests guide, there is a nice tips section at the very bottom of the guide (this should be at the top in my opinion since you build your skill tree as you go)

  • The guide has built in copy protection which doesn't play very nicely with Mozilla Firefox. Works great in IE.

Since I won't be using my main WoW account for this review, the next thing I have to do is sign up for a new account and roll a character.

So the review begins...

ps. If you're an Alliance player, don't worry. Brian Kopp's 1-60 Alliance Guide is the next guide on my list!

No comments: