Thursday, December 7, 2006

Last night in the canyon behind Sunrock...

/Vent

I went and did the three quests down in the canyon behind Sunrock Retreat: New Life, Elemental War, and Harpy's Threaten. Great XP down there. I was getting 300+ xp @ level 25, for killing harpies (until double XP bonus wore off). So anyway, I'm tooling along down there...not really in any danger since I have tracking...the only thing to worry about is once in a while the Chimera's and Tree Elementals patrol around and cross paths so you get double mobbed. I usally switch the pet to the other target to gain aggro and keep fighting. So another player came up as I was killing a lvl 29 Ancient Tree Elemental. The mob was 4 levels above me, but Darncat and I have it totally under control...so said player does an invite during the battle (he's not helping, just sorta standing there) since I have everything under control I hit accept as I knew I was going to need a hand for the rest of the harpy quest -- kill x number's of enemies quests always go faster with 2 people. Next thing you know tree elemental dies and drops a totally nice leather belt and HE wins it (I without thinking clicked Greed as is common etiquette). The guy doesn't even offer to give it back. I just sat there and fumed. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, but I just don't think it's very classy to take a rare item that dropped like that under those circumstances. I'm a softie so I don't even bother asking for it. My character flaw to assume other people are going to treat you nicely. He didn't even help with the kill and the game awards him the totally nice drop. Ugh. I'm over it now. Just wanted to vent.

My guildies redeemed the human race by giving me a couple free Elixir of Defense so I could finally make Toughened Leather Gloves.

No comments: